Weight training and building muscle mass requires a lot of determination, hard work and a good plan to follow for diet and exercise. Here are some of the very basic diet plans and exercises which weight trainers and body builders use.
Diet Fit For Bodybuilders
Diet matters a lot, whether you are trying to lose weight, gain muscle mass, get toned, get in shape, etc. With bodybuilding, you need to be aware of the fact that this diet is necessary to lose excess fat from the body and make the muscles strong enough to get them buff and in shape. So, as far as diet is concerned, eating a well-balanced and healthy diet is key.
- Make sure that you are consuming a lot of vegetables and fruits, whole grains, nuts and seeds, eggs and dairy which is low in fat content.
- Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of minerals and vitamins that keep your body well-nourished and replenishes it as well.
- Protein powerhouses, also known as eggs, are great if you are looking to build your muscle mass. Eggs help to build up the protein content in your muscles and make it harder over time, with the addition of exercise.
- Nuts and seeds are great sources of fatty acids and fats, which are going to keep you satisfied and full and will also prevent you from binge eating.
Exercise Plan For Bodybuilders
The exercise routine for a bodybuilder is basically weight training, which makes your muscles endure more and more weight over time. The key areas of your body that you need to work on, in order to gain muscle mass and become buff, include your arms, legs, abdominal area, shoulders, chest and your back. These areas need to be intensified by weight training.
- You should obviously start with a lower weight, and go high up as your body gets used to it. The main goal here is to make your muscles harder and get them in shape.
- Sprinting is also a great exercise to do if you want to strengthen the leg muscles. Strength is developed by high intensity weights and less repetitions, whereas muscle size, shape and endurance is developed by low intensity weights with a greater number of repetitions.
- Abdominal exercises like crutches, Russian twists and other abdomen heavy exercises will help you to develop the abs and make your core stronger.
- Before diving into a high intensity weight training, make sure that you haven’t eaten anything that’s too heavy, otherwise it will disrupt your training. You can go for a low fat, high fiber snack, right before you head out for a workout. This will keep you full and satisfied, and will not interrupt your workout session.
There you have it! To get customized diet plans and exercise routines for you, you need to consult with your personal trainer and doctor, so that they can cater a perfect plan that works for you.